Thursday, September 20, 2007

*this post was transferred, with comments, from another blog that seems to be going belly up.*

Well, since I have maybe enough html talent to fill the very teeny tip of Chica's smallest finger, this is all lI have so far. This will take some time, especially since there is very little time for me to get online for awhile. So far, this new stuff is pretty cool, over my head, but the parts I do understand, I like very much.

Spouse is all moved into the nursing home and I got the phone hooked up yesterday. Found a shortcut that allows me to eliminate 35 miles off the detour. The new route takes me down 10 miles of gravel *mud on rainy days like today*, but thank goodness for having a car with 4X4. I came home a bit early today, to get the lawn mowed, eat some dinner and try to get a bit of housework done, before my sis & bil show up.


They are coming over from Michigan, to help me do a few things, to get the house ready for winter. Little things, like get the sump pump installed correctly, get the kennel situated/installed in the garage, so I can park my car in there this winter. If time allows, my bil will help me reseat the toilet, since Spouse busted the seal loose one of the times he fell on to it, too hard. I think that is how I'll wind up spending my birthday - gittin' 'er done stuff.

Tomorrow, I'll have a full day of chores to get done, too, before they arrive. Fresh linens on the bed they shall use, take the garbage to the dump, get the oil changed in the Toylet, wash the sheets on my bed, somehow at least make it smell like I did some housework. This past couple of weeks, I've just been stacking stuff on top of stuff, as I come into the house, so there's things to put away. Then, after I get all of that done, I'll scoot on over to the nursing home, to visit with Spouse, until my kin arrives. They are going to come straight to the nursing home, because Spouse wants to discuss his guns with the bil, while his mind *spouse's mind, that is* is still somewhat clear. That's another thing I'll be doing, while they are visiting. Spouse wants to give the BIL a couple of the guns, but the majority of the others, I shall be selling. I'm keeping a couple for myself and there are a few folks who Spouse has bequeathed one to. My dear BIL will help me compile an inventory of what there is & the value of each, hopefully.

Anyhoo - gonna be super busy the next few days, so don't panic if you don't hear from me. I'll check in, when/if possible. Forgive me, too, please - for not coming by to check out all the new layouts and read your posts. The way things are going, I'll have enough catching up to do, when things settle down, to get me through the winter.

Is there a layout fairy here that would help me create a butt-kicking new design?

******************************
Take Care of Yourself
Posted on Sep. 20, 2007 at 11:34 PM by Nikkie
Sounds like you are going to be busy busy. Take time for yourself in all this okay?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you. It's going to be a chock full day, but I promise to at least go to the bathroom alone. ;) With my sis & bil here to help me and they have to leave Sunday, to head home, I'm going to get everything done that can be in the short time they'll be here. I can always take time for myself (to eat the licorice allsorts they sent earlier this week) after they have departed. :)

******************************
Happy Birthday
Posted on Sep. 21, 2007 at 11:39 AM by sladewilson
Happy Birthday, darlin....

~~~~~~~~~~

Thank ya, very much, Handsome!

**************************************
Happy Birthday!
Posted on Sep. 21, 2007 at 6:28 PM by
You old bat.

~~~~~~~~~~~

You adorable little fucker. ;)

*******************************

Posted on Sep. 21, 2007 at 10:51 PM by DeeJay
*sings*

Happy Birthday to YOU!

*whispers* I'd finish the song, but your ears would hurt! I hope your day has been wonderful!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aw! *blushes* You're so sweet. Thank you! It's tomorrow, but already off to a great start, because my sister & bil came to visit & help with the chores! THAT makes it a really great birthday! wheeeeee! :D

Seee? I told ya it was enabled! ;)

**********************************************************
Posted on Sep. 22, 2007 at 12:21 AM by Chica
FINALLY!!

I can comment here!!!

Good to see you Ms thang!

I can give you a hand with your design in a couple days if you don't mind, or if you find someone before then, then go for it. :)

<3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:D Thanks to you most excellent tuts, I've been playing a wee bit with the html & finally got my blog centered tonight. I tried to add a background (remember the purple with dragonflies you made?) but am lost with where to put it in this layout html. I tried using the tut you offered, but it only put the background image over my title thingy above.

This weekend, I'm going to be offline, working on winterizing the farm, before my sis & bil leave for Michigan. So - no worries about when. You have been a Godsend to so many of us here, as well as the others *Welsh Pixie, for starters* who have been helping. I really appreciate how you make the tuts so user (and computard) friendly. :D Love ya!

*************************************
*waves frantically*
Posted on Sep. 22, 2007 at 6:14 AM by Eclectablog
Hiya, Kimmi! I'm probably not the blog guru you want but I can lend a hand as time allows. I have a feeling if we all wait a few days, things are going to get a lot easier.

BTW, consider yourself linked.

A very happy birfday to ya!

**********************************************
Happy Birthday!
Posted on Sep. 22, 2007 at 9:49 AM by littleMissConfused
Take time for yourself! The blogs will be here when you get time. I think this time around EFX isn't going any where.
*hug*

***************************
Happy Belated B-day!
Posted on Sep. 24, 2007 at 10:20 AM by bitzky
So sorry not wishing it sooner, but I wasn't able to leave a comment.

Anyway, I wish you and Spouse all the health you will ever need, all the money you can ever spend and all the love you already have! *hug* :)

******************************
busy V
Posted on Sep. 25, 2007 at 12:41 AM by ben
I sent you telepathic birthday wishes from the lake, I hope you got them!
I am glad you are getting some help to fix things up for winter and I think the company will be good for you too.

*************************************
happy birthday
Posted on Sep. 26, 2007 at 9:55 PM by jelene
happy birthday!!! yay! i found you over here!! i just signed up today... didn't know about it until just this afternoon. ;)
i hope you are doing well!!

No comments: